Cardinal Health Sr. Sales Consultant, Specialty Partner in Utah
What Specialty Services contribute to Cardinal Health
Role promotes the use of and consultatively sells Cardinal Health’s Specialty Pharmaceutical Distribution Services and Solutions within a specific geographic area, appropriately increasing volume growth, market share and profitability in target accounts.
Executive level within the C Suite where appropriate, and key distribution/product purchasing influencers
- This role is the specialty subject matter expert in their assigned territory. Knowledge in products and services will be heavily leveraged across their assigned territory and as a part of contract negotiations.
- Identify opportunities (customer assessments/insights) collaborate across the enterprise (to support customer initiatives – CHSS, GPO, Specialty GPO, Solutions, Sourcing, etc.) and manage projects through stakeholder and customer coordination
- Assist with contract negotiations
- Relationship builder
- Strong business acumen, demonstrated persuasive communication ability, strategic
- Solution-oriented approach to maintain, develop, and grow specialty distribution and align with PD distribution
- Accountable for developing and executing a territory and account strategy to improve Cardinal Health’s profitability
- Contributes to the development of department strategy
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Projects are typically cross-functional and have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which set precedent
- Consults with management to determine project objectives with long-term implications
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Collaborate with sales and implementation to ensure smooth transition from the sales cycle for the customer
- Complete projects
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Min 8 years healthcare sales experience preferred; specialty sales experience heavily preferred
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Proven product knowledge in business area
- Strong communication skills
What is expected of you and others at this level
Customer Knowledge (Insights) - applies knowledge of the customer's business to develop optimal solutions.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the inner workings, objectives, and challenges of a system/functional area within assigned customers; articulates the benefits of a solution in the customer's own language/terminology
- Within assigned customers, expand relationships and learn how Cardinal Health can best meet their needs
Demonstrating Value - proactively and with a regular cadence demonstrates to the customer the defined value of partnering with Cardinal Health both pre- and post-sales.
- Articulates vision and defines value of potential solution at front-end of sale, demonstrating an understanding of customers’ needs and capturing the imagination and interest of the customer; measures performance of implemented solution versus expectations throughout process; ascertains perceived gaps through periodic reviews, identifies the cause (e.g., customer or Cardinal Health activities) and takes swift and decisive action to address gaps
- Analyzes financials of potential and implemented solutions to assess value pre- and post-sales to the customer and Cardinal Health; draws from experience to identify alternative or secondary solution benefits pre- and post-sale that the customer may not have recognized
- Shares with the customer the demonstrated value/savings provided by solutions (pre-sale through post-sale) to reinforce that the Cardinal Health relationship provides unparalleled value to the organization, gains concurrence from the customer
Influence – effectively collaborates with the customer and colleagues to influence support for mutually beneficial outcomes and achieve consensus.
- Clearly articulates the value of solution, staging solutions based on customer priorities and gains customer support; leverages experiences, knowledge and relationships to weaken competitors' strategic positions and gain advantage; identifies for decision-makers the appropriate timing for solutions and the potential cost of delay
- Leverages internal relationships to identify and align Cardinal Health's resources to meet customer's needs; works collaboratively with the customer and within Cardinal Health to affect mutually beneficially solutions
- Understands the financial model of proposed deals and the implications of concessions/changes to agreements; marshals the "right team" to participate in negotiation discussions, taking into account specific expertise and personality styles needed to successfully close the deal
Relationship Management - builds and sustains relationships founded on trust with internal and external customers and ensures customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Builds rapport with key decision makers to become a trusted advisor within a solution area; leverages existing relationships to uncover the system/functional area's business drivers
- Conveys industry trends and customers' business drivers within Cardinal Health to assist in developing offerings that achieve Cardinal Health's objectives and are of optimal value to the customer
- Maintains open and consistent dialogue with internal contacts and external customer end-users to ensure the Cardinal Health team is meeting or exceeding expectations; assesses the root cause of unmet expectations and takes action to resolve them
Solution Selling - identifies and qualifies new sales opportunities and develops plans for introducing new solutions through collaborative relationships.
- Listens to and asks questions of assigned customers end-user to gain a thorough understanding of business issues; communicates with internal team to identify opportunities to expand existing sales relationships
- Proactively networks and collaborates with Cardinal Health resources to create customer-specific sales approaches for targeting opportunities; aligns the appropriate Cardinal Health resources to assist in positioning and selling the solution
- Demonstrates expertise and is a role model in executing the Solutions Sales Process; coordinates resources to craft solutions that meet a customer's needs and effectively deliver on commitments; tracks and reports the value of various offerings across customers and shares with key sponsor(s) to attain confirmation/agreement
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.