Cardinal Health Consultant, Territory Management - Pharmacy Business Consultant in Utah
What Territory Management - Dist contributes to Cardinal Health
Territory Management is responsible for cold calling, prospecting and building relationships that will increase account penetration, revenue growth and customer satisfaction within a specified product line, business segment and/or geography. Focus areas will include driving new business as well as increasing penetration in existing accounts.
The Pharmacy Business Consultant incorporates a consultative approach to fulfill customer needs by driving value added services that improve customer operational efficiencies and result in improving customer sales and margins. Candidate will call on independently owned pharmacies and Alternate Cares sites, as main customer base. Product offerings are selling intangible technology programs and services to pharmacies to help solve the overall operations solutions in their stores. This role has responsibility for:
• Assuming direct accountability for all aspects of the selling process within an assigned customer base
• Striving to improve customer loyalty and retention and drive deeper sales penetration within existing customer accounts with a primary emphasis on generic selling
• Analyzing opportunities and developing strategies to drive growth in generic product purchasing
• Focus areas will include driving new business as well as increasing penetration in existing accounts.
• Achieving 100% customer retention; prepares presentations, reports, written recommendations and statistical reports as appropriate and/or as requested by sales management
• Bachelor’s degree, preferred
• Min 4 years related sales experience, preferred
• Ability to travel 5 days/week
• Proven product knowledge in business area
• Valid driver's license
What is expected of you for success in your role
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Cardinal Health and customer industry, including: key competitors, terminology, technology, trends, challenges, reimbursement and government regulation; demonstrates working knowledge of how Cardinal Health offerings match with a customers' unique business needs.
• Initiates and takes ownership of principles of territory management, including: account planning, selling processes, post-sales implementation processes, deal economics
• Identify and target new business and market development opportunities through cold calling and relationship development.
What is expected of you and others at this level
• Applies knowledge of the customer's business to develop optimal solutions
• Proactively and with a regular cadence demonstrates to the customer the defined value of partnering with Cardinal Health both pre- and post-sales
• Effectively negotiates and collaborates with the customer and colleagues to influence support for mutually beneficial outcomes and achieve consensus
• Builds and sustains relationships founded on trust with internal and external customers and ensures customer satisfaction and loyalty
• Identifies and qualifies new sales opportunities and develops plans for introducing new solutions through collaborative relationships
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.