Intermountain Healthcare Account Manager, Large Employer Sales - SelectHealth in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Account Manager renews commercial business for SelectHealth, manages account activities, and coordinates the re-enrollment of existing groups in addition to the enrollment of new groups, with minimal support. Works closely with the managers and technical support personnel of other departments to facilitate quick and efficient problem resolution.
This position may be hired as an Account Manager or Senior Account Manager, based on experience.
Essential Job Duties
1. Manages the renewal process for assigned products (health, dental, etc) throughout the year for assigned employer groups. This includes responsibility for the timely issue and return of signed contracts or letters of understanding for all clients.
2. Researches employer underwriting information and submits group data summary so the Underwriting Department can prepare accurate rate proposals based on employer risk. Reviews the information, risks, plan design, competition, and rates with Underwriting department to accurately convey information to the decision-makers within the client organization.
3. Responds to requests for proposals (RFP's) for all clients and brokers. Maintains an excellent understanding of all dimensions of SelectHealth in order to submit accurate and appealing information.
4. Presents proposals and negotiates agreements with existing and prospective clients. Exercises exceptional sales and negotiating skills, both with brokers and clients.
5. Works with brokers to meet customer needs for information and resolution. Serves as a sales and technical information resource to brokers. Understands all funding arrangements, including fully insured, contingently funded, and self-funded, and effectively communicates information to clients and brokers.
6. Organizes and coordinates the enrollment of client groups including effectively and knowledgeably presenting plan benefits to employer groups, and being well versed in benefit designs and claims adjudication to respond to group and individual questions and concerns.
7. Reviews and collects completed enrollment applications for new and renewing business. Coordinates the delivery of ID cards, Membership Guides, first month billings, and contracts.
8. Directs the internal enrollment process to ensure the accurate and timely enrollment and administration of groups by coordinating the underwriting, enrollment, finance, and marketing functions. Maintains a working knowledge of the group information system in order to conduct final quality and accuracy review of information that has been entered.
9. Instructs and assists client administrators in enrollment (including SHOBE, EDI, or other electronic enrollment systems), billing reconciliation, underwriting risk, contract compliance, and other identified areas.
10. Identifies problems and solutions to management related to benefit designs, provider relations, financial / billing, enrollment, compliance, and other employer concerns.
11. Participates in the promotion and execution of events at employer sites, such as Health and Wellness fairs.
12. In conjunction with Marketing, drafts and reviews procedural and marketing materials for distribution to current and potential members. Provides high quality writing and editing of communications to SelectHealth clients. Assists in the design of marketing literature for unique medical and dental plans.
13. Prepares and conducts formal presentations to explain comprehensive medical and dental benefits to employer groups.
14. Meets with clients to address their specific educational needs. Leads the development of education materials, coordinates and/or delivers training to benefit managers and others in administration and use of medical and dental plans.
15. Travels extensively and spends significant time at employer and broker locations to educate and provide superior service to client groups, strengthen relationships, and heighten the visibility of SelectHealth.
16. Creates customer satisfaction and loyalty through the judicious and skilled application of Sales Competencies in all interactions with external and internal customers and collaborators.
- Builds credibility through knowledge of business and financial concepts
- Focuses on the customer and takes action to exceed their expectations
- Cultivates business relationships internally, externally, and virtually
- Negotiates to create mutually acceptable outcomes
- Listens actively
- Orally conveys information clearly and competently
- Demonstrates composure under stress
- Clearly defines problems and effectively resolves them
- Takes accountability for decisions and results of work, and contributes beyond one's role
- Demonstrates initiative by identifying what needs to be done and taking appropriate action
- Entry Rate: Commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes. Benefits eligibility begins first of the month following beginning of employment.
- Shift Details: Full-time, Exempt. 40 hours/week
- Department: SelectHealth - Large Employer Sales (Murray, Utah - Salt Lake City area)
- Additional Details: This position will be part of a team that focuses exclusively on self-funded groups.
- Bachelor's Degree or four years of equivalent experience in customer service, sales, marketing, or communications. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Three years of sales or health care industry experience. (Five years required for the Senior Account Manager role)
- Manual dexterity, hearing, seeing, speaking.
- Current Utah State health insurance agent/consultant license. If incumbent does not have the license they must acquire licensure within six months of date of hire to remain in the job. Individuals without the license will be paid below the entry rate of the position until the license is obtained. Additional licensing may be required in other states where SelectHealth in located.
- Sales experience in the health insurance industry
- Experience selling large (51+ members), preferably national accounts
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong working knowledge of health insurance.
- Ability to sell and manage the sales process.
- Ability to handle duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision; display professionalism in judgment and decision-making.
- Note: Most work is done independently and may be done at the employer's place of business.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location SelectHealth
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Murray, US-UT-Salt Lake City