LiveAuctioneers Senior Product Manager in Draper, Utah
Sr Product Manager Company Overview Awarded for four consecutive years as one of Crain's 100 Best Places to Work in NYC, LiveAuctioneers is the leading online marketplace for one-of-a-kind items, rare collectibles, and coveted goods. Our catalogue includes everything from Picasso paintings to Michael Jackson’s moonwalking shoes. Last year LiveAuctioneers helped facilitate $14 billion of sales by connecting millions of the world’s most knowledgeable collectors with 6,000 passionate sellers of extraordinary items.
Founded in 2002, LiveAuctioneers is an inclusive, small team that was the first in the industry to introduce mobile bidding, video streamed auctions, and more. As LiveAuctioneers continues to be a pioneer in the sale of exceptional items, you have an opportunity to join a company led by a management team who had a hand in starting and growing market-leading companies like Google, Seamless, 1stdibs, Universal, and IBM.
We are building products that connect auction houses to bidders around the world in our effort to enable everyone to buy and sell exceptional items with confidence.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our team in New York City or Salt Lake City. Reporting to the Product Management Director, this role will have direct ownership of major portions of the product, requirements definition, roadmap planning, execution, and rollout. The candidate must be very sharp, a great communicator and comfortable with rapidly advancing technology.
• Developing a product strategy and roadmap to attract customers and convert them to auction winners
• Breaking down product initiatives and identifying and prioritizing projects that will best meet the initiative goals, then full implementation of those projects, including feature elaboration and engineering requirements, and build planning
• Identifying and rapidly testing improvements to the bidder experience
• Owning and improving customer engagement, retention and lifetime value metrics
• Driving user research and insight-sharing to direct product work, including qualitative and quantitative research, building relationships with audiences, and collaborating with internal area experts
• Working with UX design team to produce successful executions on product goals and maintain product and brand quality and consistency
• Working with engineers in continuous delivery using agile processes to deliver improvements and value to users
• Collaborating across internal stakeholders to create and manage rollout strategies for major product initiatives to minimize time to value for users and maximize value delivered
• Acting as a hub across a wide range of stakeholders (including marketing, sales and support teams,operations, engineers, and users) to digest needs and insights into product value, from idea conception through execution
Desired Skills & Experience
• Strong experience product managing complex products, including strategy and implementation over at least 3 years
• Tendency to collaborate and communicate openly, identifying and building relationships with stakeholders, and building team-wide insight in product
• Orientation to invite other area owners’ expertise on product work
• Practical knowledge of Search, A/B Testing, eCommerce, and SEO
• Online marketplace experience a strong plus
• Innate sense of the drivers of a great user experience
• Willingness to iterate rapidly
• Comfort with a dynamic, high growth environment
• Management consulting or engineering experience not required, but a plus
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, MBA a plus
Company Perks • Competitive compensation
• Company-matched 401K
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
• HSA matching, flexible spending account & commuter benefits
• Generous, real vacations
• Fully-stocked beverage fridge and snack pantry
• Regular catered lunches, happy hours, and parties
• We promote a healthy Life/Work balance and believe in celebrating our successes together.
• Ridiculously fun inventory, ranging from Michael Jackson's moonwalking shoes to Pablo Picasso's paintings